This girl was living alone all of last week while Jon was on a business trip. I couldn’t figure out what to make for dinner when I only had myself to feed!
I had a bag of sweet potatoes sitting on my counter from my last Trader Joes spree and some were starting to sprout those ugly things. I figured I should use them up right away and make something delicious while I’m at it!
These took about 5-10 minutes to prep and 30 minutes to cook. They were simple, easy, full of flavor and very low in fat and calories. My perfect meal! The combination of the potatoes and the ginger, paprika, cayenne and cumin was both sweet and spicy. The lime juice that goes on after they are baked really adds a fresh, unique twist. These definitely had a kick!
These tasty little wedges make an excellent side dish, appetizer, snack or, if you’re like me, they make a fantastic main dish!
Spicy Oven Baked Sweet Potato Wedges (Serves 4 as a side dish, 2 as a main dish)
Adapted from Martha Stewart
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed well
- 1 1/2-2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice sweet potatoes in half lengthwise; slice each half into 3 wedges and then cut those in half.
- Place in a medium bowl, and toss with oil, cumin, paprika, ginger, and cayenne pepper. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange sweet potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet. If you have a baking rack like this, put the potatoes on it before putting on a baking sheet. The rack helps the hot air distribute evenly over the wedges.
- Transfer to oven; roast until potatoes are crisp and golden on the bottom, about 15 minutes.
- Turn, and continue roasting until golden all over, about 15 minutes more.
- Remove from oven; season with salt and pepper and squeeze lime juice over wedges.
- Serve with lime wedges.