Happy Friday! Thank you to everyone who entered the Essie and Sent Her Way Giveaways this week! I put everyone’s name who entered in a bowl and randomly pulled out the following people! Essie Winners : I’ll be emailing each … Continue reading
My cousin Rachel of the blog BeautyAnywhere is a health nut like me and is always making the most delicious and nutritious treats! I asked her to share one of her recent goodies with us, Banana Zucchini Chia Seed Health Muffins! Rachel is also a makeup artist. Check out my post about her 11 beauty must-haves for her clients here. Happy Thursday!
I’m so happy to be sharing a healthy baking recipe with you today! These muffins are very tasty and not overly sweet. I love chia seed because the health benefits are endless. For starters, chia seeds swell up to 3 times their normal size, making you feel full longer. They help to balance blood sugar, giving you great energy! They also contain more Omega 3′s than flaxseed and more than you would find in a piece of salmon. These muffins are great to eat in the morning for breakfast with some hot tea, or as dessert when you are craving something sweet but don’t want to ruin your whole day of healthy eating. I hope you enjoy them as much as we did! Stop by my blog for beauty tips, trends and reviews! You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (username: rach_walk).
Banana Zucchini Chia Seed Health Muffins (Makes 1.5 dozen muffins)
- 1 3/4 c. whole wheat flour
- 1/4 c. chia seed (or flaxseed if you prefer)
- 1 c. lightly packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 c. coarsely grated zucchini (about one large zucchini)
- 1 1/2 c. bananas mashed, leave lumps (about 3 bananas, the riper the better)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c. skim milk
- 1/2 c. applesauce 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and whisk together.
- Next, add the remaining ingredients to the mixture and stir to combine. Be sure not to overmix, you still want the batter slightly lumpy.
- Pour the batter into the muffin tins and bake for 15-25 min, or until a toothpick comes out almost clean. Be sure not to overcook.
My gorgeous cousin Rachel, pictured below, is a mother of two adorable 8-month-old twin girls and she’s also a makeup artist! She specializes in wedding makeup and you can see the beautiful work she has done on brides here. You can also follow her on Twitter for her expert beauty opinions. She was kind enough to share her must-have items that she has found to be the most universally flattering.
Here are Rachel’s 11 must-have beauty products as a makeup artist!
1. NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer: I love this product because it gives a nice, natural coverage that makes skin look flawless. It’s full of luxurious ingredients that actually help improve the appearance of skin within 4 weeks of use. It also has SPF 30 which is always a necessity!
2. MAC Pro Long wear Concealer: I use this concealer on almost all of my brides. It covers without making you look too covered. It provides medium to full coverage, but doesn’t give the heavy appearance that some concealers tend to. It’s also long-wearing which is crucial on your wedding day.
3. NARS Blush in Orgasm: The peachy, pink shimmer of this blush is flattering on many skin tones. It gives a beautiful, subtle glow. It’s a cult favorite that’s worth every penny.
4. Bare Minerals Secret Radiance All-Over Face Color: This product looks gorgeous when applied as a highlighter. Just pop a little on the cheek bone and voilah, gorgeous, radiant skin.
5. MAC Viva Glam V: This lipstick is very versatile and looks good on most skin tones. It is the perfect wedding color for the classic bridal look.
6. Covergirl LashBlast: I’ve searched high and low for the ultimate mascara and nothing beats this. It’s my all-time favorite mascara. It coats every lash without clumping and achieves length and volume. It’s perfect for big, plump lashes. It’s also only $8, so you can’t beat that!
7. MAC Jest Eyeshadow: This shadow looks great on a young or mature eye. It has a nice sheen, but isn’t shimmery. You can wear it alone for an Au-naturale look or add another color for drama.
8. MAC Paint Pot in Painterly: This is the best eyeshadow primer. It’s natural shade evens out the color of the lid perfectly so you have a flawless canvas to build off of. It has amazing staying power…use this under your eyeshadow and it’s not going anywhere.
9. MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack: This is a smudge-proof, long-wearing, gel eyeliner that goes on very fluidly. Just brush it on with a precise eyeliner brush and you have the perfect line.
10. MAC Fix+: This product is infused with vitamins and minerals. Just spray it on after your foundation and you literally see your foundation almost melt into your skin, giving the appearance of a “second skin.” Not only does it set your makeup, it gives your skin an amazing glow. This is my go-to product that gives your skin an automatic pick me up. I could go on forever about this stuff.
11. MAC 187 Duo Fibre Brush: This brush has a blend of synthetic and goat hair. The combination of the bristles gives an amazing, almost airbrush finish when you use it to apply any liquid foundation.